The Art of Fighting Without Fighting – Martial Arts Seminar, 11-12 May 2019
May 11 - May 12
THE ART OF FIGHTING WITHOUT FIGHTING
Street Fighting Meets Self Mastery – Martial Arts Seminar
Bruce Lee stated,
‘Martial arts is like a coin with two sides. One side is for physical cultivation, ready for combat, the other side is for mental cultivation, ready for everyday life. Two sides of an Indivisible Coin.’
‘The Martial Way’ is a journey of fighting for justice to protect yourself or loved ones, combined with personal development, ultimaltey tapping into your truest potential and self realisation. This is the first ever seminar series that will unite the combative (martial) and the personal development (art) elements of the whole.
Colonel John Boyd, US Military, discovered that only 5% of the soldiers did 95% of the killings on the battlefield. He discovered. ‘Our natural human instinct is to preserve life, not to take it.’
Likewise 99% of the time you’re not physically fighting, it’s just being prepared for that 1% or less when shit really kicks off.
In this seminar, we are going to take the art of street fighting into the home, school, and work (and anywhere else) where we cannot fight physically, but often experience our greatest mental battles which we are not prepared for, be it in the shape of bullying, harassment, and other forms of fear and pressure,
On the same note,
‘You cannot throw something away if you didn’t have it in the first place.’
In this seminar taught by:
- Master Wong— Wing Chun Master,
- Sifu Lak Loi — Self Mastery Specialist and 3rd Generation Instructor in Bruce Lee’s martial art, Jeet Kune Do, and
- Sifu Tom McGrath — Weapons expert,
…are going to teach you how to fight physically, so you can learn how to fight mentally and emotionally, i.e.
‘The Art of Fighting Without Fighting.’
They say, ‘Knowledge is Power.’ When you know how to injure, maim, disable or kill someone, you have a responsibility not to use it indiscriminately. That is to exercise ‘Power With Control.’ That is when you start to look for every reason not to fight.
In this seminar, you will learn how to…
- Protect yourself and loved ones when put in harms way on the street,
- Gain the confidence how to incapacitate your opponent physically in a street fight,
- Then use ‘The Art of Fighting Without Fighting’ to preserve you and your opponent.
The Biggest Challenge
The biggest challenge any person has to face is knowing,
‘Can I protect myself and loved ones when put in harms way?’
The second biggest challenge that people asking this question are not aware about is,
‘Do I have the mental and emotional resilience to do what it takes when I have no other choice but to fight?’
Sifu Lak Loi says, ‘It’s 5% physical, 95% mental’ when it boils down to it. Even in professional sports, there’s very little that separates elite athletes from one another physically. The small difference that makes the big difference is ‘The athlete that thinks he can win, does win.’ That’s what Sifu Lak Loi calls ‘Martial Mind Power.’
Your Biggest Fear
The biggest fear we all have to overcome is knowing,
‘Are we good enough?’
Martial arts is a process of self realisation. That is, when we take massive action to learn martial arts, this teaches us how to:
Firstly, learn how to control our bodies. When we become proficient in certain martial movements and techniques, we realise ‘ah ha, I’m pretty good at this,’ which boosts our self-belief and self-confidence, so we take more massive action.
Secondly, learn how to control our minds, not only to learn new movements and techniques, but how to cultivate mental and emotional resilience when put under pressure such as in sparring.
Thirdly, when you are sparring, and you have got nothing left in the tank, and you know you need to keep on going, you learn about your ‘fighting spirit,’ the gateway into our true higher self.
Finally, you start to realise, the only opponent there ever was, is you. All along, you only ever needed to convince yourself through your own process, that ‘you are good enough’ by getting yourself out of the way, so you can truly discover who you really are.
This seminar will help you start on this journey of Sharpening Your Sword of Self-Mastery.
At this seminar you will learn some cool stuff which includes (but not limited to):
- Effective streetfighting using:
- Hand-to-hand combat,
- Hand-to-knife combat, and
- Hand-to-stick combat,
- The Art of Fighting Without Fighting using:
- The most deadly weapon ever, your mind!
Taught by Master Wong, Sifu Lak Loi and Sifu Tom McGrath.
Biggest Reason to Attend This Seminar
If you’re serious about martial arts, want to improve your technical fighting skills as well as how not to get into trouble fighting, and start to sharpen your sword of self mastery this is a MUST ATTEND!
- Saturday 11th May 2019, 10am – 4pm
- Sunday 12th May 2019, 9am – 3pm
- Woolmer Green Hall, Hall Ln, Woolmer Green, Hertfordshire, SG3 6XA
- £90 for 2 days
- £60 for 1 day
- Students are responsible for booking their own travel and accommodation. Please note, NO REFUNDS
- 43 minutes train journey from London Kings Cross to Knebworth Train Station (£9.70 return at the time of posting event), and a 10 minute walk
- Please check the weekend train schedules in advance so you can arrive 30 minutes before the start of the seminar for registration, so the seminar can start on time
- Ensure you have paid your full seminar fees in advance,
- If you have got it, then bring all your martial arts equipment so you can train safely and effectively, which includes (but not limited to): boxing gloves, hand wraps, MMA gloves, gum shields, groin guards, shin pads, training knife, training gun, 2 sticks, and 2 changes of training clothing,
- Bring a towel,
- Bring plenty of water.
Call 07951807982 to SIGN UP NOW
Sifu Lak Loi – Self Mastery Specialist & 3rd Generation Instructor in Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do