- This event has passed.
JKD Grading – Sat 13th Oct 2018
October 13, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 5:00 pm
JKD Grading – Saturday 13th October 2018
JKD London perceive JKD gradings as an honour rather than a privilege. You must earn your right to grade, as JKD gradings are there to ensure that you can maintain and demonstrate a high standard of knowledge and experience of Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do, so as to preserve and promote JKD to the highest possible standard. If you wish to grade, then please enquire with your JKD Instructor, who will then kindly ask you to fill out a Grading Application Form.
Your JKD Instructor maintains absolute discretion to accept and approve your Grading Application to put you forward for a JKD grading, when s/he is confident that you not only meet, but exceed the required quality standards expected from JKD London students.
Prior to gradings, your JKD Instructor will endeavour to arrange to recap and review your performance and knowledge of the assessment level, and walk you through all the techniques, their names, applications, knowledge, and anything else related to your grading to ensure you are best prepared in advance (subject to availability). Additonal costs apply for Grading Recaps & Reviews, to cover costs for venue hire, teaching time and overheads such as travel.
Pre-requisites: Must be a fully registered JKD London student
Date: Saturday 13th October 2018
Time: Arrival and registration at 10:30am. Grading starts at 11am sharp till 5pm (if necessary to cover all the gradings)
Location: Jim McDonald Centre, Hatfield, AL10 8HR
Cost: Depends on time taken to grade, depicted by level as shown below:
Level 1 – Yellow sash – £25
Level 2 – Orange sash – £25
Level 3 – Red sash – £25
Level 4 – Blue sash 1 – £35
Level 5 – Blue sash 2 – £35
Level 6 – Blue sash 3 – £35
Level 7 – Purple sash 1 – £45
Level 8 – Purple sash 2 – £45
Level 9 – Purple sash 3 – £45
Level 10 – Green sash 1 – £55
Level 11 – Green sash 2 – £55
Level 12 – Green sash 3 – £55
Level 13 – Brown sash 1 – £65
Level 14 – Brown sash 2 – £75
Level 15 – Black sash – £100
- You must submit your grading registration form complete with payment to your JKD Instructor in advance of your grading.
- Arrive 30 minutes before the grading to start on time. If you arrive after the start time, you will forfeit the grading with no refund.
- Wear your clean JKD London uniform – tracksuit bottoms, t-shirt and your trainers.
- Bring all your martial arts training equipment – boxing gloves, gum shields, shin pads, focus pads, etc. You can purchase your martial arts training equipment from JKD London by enquiring with your JKD Instructor.
- If you are grading beyond Level 1, you are required to partake in all grades up to and including the grade you have been accepted to be examined for.
- All students attending the grading must stay for the whole grading session (even if it is beyond your grading level) unless otherwise dismissed by your JKD instructor on the day.
- Gradings can take between 1 to 5 hours depending on the level.
- Listen to the examiner carefully, and talking is strictly prohibited during the grading.
- All mobile phones must be switched off upon arrival.
- Bring plenty of water and light snacks to see you through your grading.
- You will receive your grading score from 2 to 4 weeks after the grading in JKD class.
Pass – 50% – 69%
Credit – 70% – 79%
Commended – 80% – 89%
Highly commended – 90% – 94%
Distinction – 95% – 100%
Next Step: Apply to grade in person with your JKD Instructor NOW